Acquired: Donated by Peter and Paul Bradley in 2001.
Features: Wetland Flowing to Carmichael Swamp Conservation Area.
Access: Labbe Road
Regulations for Use of Conservation LandIt is the intent and policy of the Conservation Commission that conservation land be maintained in a natural state where appropriate and with only limited use of fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides. Application of fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides by persons other than the Commission's authorized agents shall require the prior written permission of the Commission.
- All are welcome to enjoy themselves from ½ hour before sunrise until ½ hour after sunset.
- Animals must be leashed per Town of Groton bylaw.
- No motorized vehicles are allowed. This includes cars and trucks, motorcycles and dirt bikes, All Terrain Vehicles (ATVs), and snowmobiles, or any other motorized vehicles except with prior written authorization of the Groton Conservation Commission.
- Hunting and Fishing are allowed, in season, with a license and in accordance with applicable law.
- No features are to be altered including cutting, trimming, pruning, breaking, removing, defacing, defiling, or ill-use of any structure, fence, sign, trees, bushes, plants, flowers, or other vegetation nor shall trails be cut or marked, nor dams built, nor any structure such as a lean-to, bridge, tower, or handrail be constructed, without prior written authorization of the Conservation Commission.
- Conservation Land is to be maintained with a limited use of fertilizers and pesticides and only by an agent authorized by the Commission.
- No person shall engage in a business or advertising on these lands whether for, or not for, profit without a permit.
- Overnight camping requires a permit from the Conservation Commission, and notification to the Chief of Police of both the exact dates of occupancy and identity of the responsible adult.
- No dumping of materials including landscape debris, grass clippings, tree cuttings, or trash and litter. Users must carry out any trash or litter.
- No changes to the land may be made without previous written authorization from the Conservation Commission. These include, but are not limited to, fences, swing sets, grass or sod, sandboxes, irrigation systems, invisible fencing, sheds, vehicles, etc.
- Violations hereof shall be subject to a daily penalty of $25.00 for the first offense, $50.00 for the second offense, and $100.00 for the third or subsequent offenses. These regulations are subject to enforcement by the non-criminal disposition method pursuant to Section 1-4 of the Code of the Town of Groton.
The maps and data displayed on this site are for reference and planning purposes only. The Town of Groton and its mapping contractors assume no legal responsibility for the information contained herein.