On June 29, 2022, the Groton Selectboard received a letter from MassHousing regarding a Project Eligibility application for construction of approx. 200 housing units at 500 Main St (Parcel 216-95) In accordance with Chapter 40B, the applicant is proposing 150 Units at Market Value and 50 Units of AMI 80% Affordable.
Based on review of this letter, the Selectboard is required to provide any and all initial comments to the Mass Housing Authority by August 2,2022 regarding this development.
We respectfully request all interested parties to review the attached letter and Application as submitted and provide comments, issues and/or concerns to the Selectboard by the above date for consideration and review.
Questions and comments may be sent via email to email@example.com
Please note that this application is in the INITIAL phase, Mass Housing will be reviewing this application and comments and issuing a decision at a later date. When and if Mass Housing approves this application, then the applicant will be required to apply for a Comprehensive Permit from the Zoning Board of Appeals which is subject to public hearing.
Town Comment Request Letter - Groton Farms Groton
Groton Farms MassHousing Site Eligibility Application
Groton will participate in the September 6, 2022 State Primary and the November 8, 2022 State Election.
Voting by Mail and Early Voting In-Person will be in effect for both elections.
Please refer to the Elections Information page below for detailed information.
A Vote by Mail application can be found at the link below.
Vote by Mail Paper Application 2022
For construction information & project updates, please go to the links below:
Florence Roche Elementary School Project Updates
Florence Roche Elementary School Building Project Information
The Board of Health has some information posted about Coronavirus (COVID-19) available on their page here.
Drought Alert Revised Water Conservation Program Effective Immediately Due to the lack of winter snow pack and our normal spring rains, Massachusetts is recording a
Baker-Polito Administration Announces Children Ages 6 Months to 4 years Eligible for COVID-19 Vaccinations
BOSTON — Following recommendations from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Baker-Polito Administration today announced that Massachusetts children ages 6 months to 4 years
Upcoming Public Meetings
Earth Removal Stormwater Advisory Committee Meeting
July 5, 2022 7:00 pm
Groton Sewer Commission Meeting
July 6, 2022 2:00 pm
Town Meeting Electronic Voting Study Committee – 2022 Meeting
July 7, 2022 6:30 pm
Montachusett Regional Planning Commission Meeting
July 7, 2022 7:00 pm
Finance Committee Meeting
July 11, 2022 7:00 pm
Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting
July 13, 2022 6:30 pm
Recycling Committee Meeting
July 14, 2022 7:00 pm
Planning Board Meeting
July 14, 2022 7:00 pm
Open Committee VacanciesBelow are the Town boards and committees that have open vacancies. If you are interested in volunteering please fill out a committee interest form here.
- Affordable Housing Trust - 1 open vacancy.
- Agricultural Commission - 1 open vacancy.
- Board of Survey - 2 open vacancies.
- Cable Advisory Committee - 1 open vacancy.
- Commemorations and Celebrations Committee - 1 open vacancy.
- Commission on Accessibility - 2 open vacancies.
- Complete Streets Committee - 1 open vacancy.
- Diversity Task Force - 1 open vacancy.
- Great Pond Advisory Committee - 3 open vacancies.
- Groton - Dunstable Regional School Committee Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Advisory Committee - 5 open vacancies.
- Groton Electric Cooperative - 3 open vacancies.
- Historic Districts Commission - 1 open vacancy.
- Historical Commission - 1 open vacancy.
- Housing Partnership - 1 open vacancy.
- Insurance Advisory Committee - 4 open vacancies.
- Invasive Species Committee - 1 open vacancy.
- Local Cultural Council - 5 open vacancies.
- Old Burying Ground Commission - 2 open vacancies.
- Park Commission - 1 open vacancy.
- Personnel Board - 1 open vacancy.
- Scholarship Committee - 2 open vacancies.
- Sustainability Commission - 1 open vacancy.
- Weed Harvester Committee - 3 open vacancies.
- Williams Barn Committee - 3 open vacancies.
- Zoning Board of Appeals - 1 open vacancy.
Recent Public Documents
|Groton Stewardship Committee||approved_minutes_2022-05-18_id-13003....||2022-06-30|
|Cable Advisory Committee||approved_minutes_2022-06-09_id-13065.pdf||2022-06-29|
|Cable Advisory Committee||approved_minutes_2022-05-26_id-13032.pdf||2022-06-29|
|Town Meeting Electronic Voting Study Committee - 2022||Natick_Electronic_Voting_Report.pdf||2022-06-28|
|Town Meeting Electronic Voting Study Committee - 2022||Wayland_2012_to_2017_Implementation_R...||2022-06-28|
|Sargisson Beach Committee||2022-06-21_SB_WQR.pdf||2022-06-28|
|Sargisson Beach Committee||2022-06-14_SB_WQR.pdf||2022-06-28|
|Destination Groton Committee||approved_minutes_2022-06-09_id-13069....||2022-06-28|
|Destination Groton Committee||approved_minutes_2022-06-12_id-13068....||2022-06-28|
|Destination Groton Committee||approved_minutes_2022-06-15_id-13098....||2022-06-28|
|Groton Sewer Commission||Center_District_Sewer_Application_202...||2022-06-27|
|Groton Sewer Commission||Four_Corners_District_Sewer_Applicati...||2022-06-27|
|Town Meeting Electronic Voting Study Committee - 2022||Amherst_Electronic_Voting_Report.pdf||2022-06-27|
|Town Meeting Electronic Voting Study Committee - 2022||Grafton_Electronic_Voting_Report.pdf||2022-06-27|
|Town Meeting Electronic Voting Study Committee - 2022||Longmeadow_Electronic_Voting_Report_2...||2022-06-27|
|Town Meeting Electronic Voting Study Committee - 2022||Milton_Electronic_Voting_Report.pdf||2022-06-27|
|Town Meeting Electronic Voting Study Committee - 2022||Upton_Electronic_Voting_Report_2019-0...||2022-06-27|
|Town Meeting Electronic Voting Study Committee - 2022||Uxbridge_Electronic_Voting_Report.pdf||2022-06-27|