On June 29, 2022, the Groton Selectboard received a letter from MassHousing regarding a Project Eligibility application for construction of approx. 200 housing units at 500 Main St (Parcel 216-95) In accordance with Chapter 40B, the applicant is proposing 150 Units at Market Value and 50 Units of AMI 80% Affordable.
Based on review of this letter, the Selectboard is required to provide any and all initial comments to the Mass Housing Authority by August 2,2022 regarding this development.
We respectfully request all interested parties to review the attached letter and Application as submitted and provide comments, issues and/or concerns to the Selectboard by the above date for consideration and review.
Questions and comments may be sent via email to email@example.com
Please note that this application is in the INITIAL phase, Mass Housing will be reviewing this application and comments and issuing a decision at a later date. When and if Mass Housing approves this application, then the applicant will be required to apply for a Comprehensive Permit from the Zoning Board of Appeals which is subject to public hearing.
Town Comment Request Letter - Groton Farms Groton
Groton Farms MassHousing Site Eligibility Application
Groton will participate in the September 6, 2022 State Primary and the November 8, 2022 State Election.
Voting by Mail and Early Voting In-Person will be in effect for both elections.
Please refer to the Elections Information page below for detailed information.
A Vote by Mail application can be found at the link below.
Early Voting In-Person
Early Voting by Mail and Absentee Voting
Vote by Mail Paper Application 2022
For construction information & project updates, please go to the links below:
Florence Roche Elementary School Project Updates
Florence Roche Elementary School Building Project Information
The Board of Health has some information posted about Coronavirus (COVID-19) available on their page here.
STAY COOL at The Groton Center located at 163 West Main Street! To escape the heat, The Groton Center will be open the following dates
Critical Drought Warning All outside lawn irrigation is prohibited until further notice. This is a public announcement for Groton Water Department customers only. The Department
WHAT: PRESS RELEASE – PUBLIC HEARING ON USE OF ELECTRONIC VOTING AT GROTON TOWN MEETING WHEN: THURSDAY, AUGUST 4, 2022 AT 7:00PM WHERE: GROTON SENIOR
POSTPONED – Concert at the Smith Pavilion – Town Field NEW DATE: Thursday, July 28, 2022 at 6:30 PM OLD DATE: Thursday, July 21, 2022
Upcoming Public Meetings
Complete Streets Committee Meeting
August 11, 2022 8:30 am
Electronic Voting Study Committee – 2022 Meeting
August 11, 2022 6:00 pm
Groton Electric Light Commission Meeting
August 11, 2022 7:00 pm
Recycling Committee Meeting
August 11, 2022 7:00 pm
Select Board Meeting
August 12, 2022 3:00 pm
Destination Groton Committee Meeting
August 16, 2022 9:30 am
Sustainability Commission Meeting
August 16, 2022 7:00 pm
Historic Districts Commission Meeting
August 16, 2022 7:30 pm
Montachusett Metropolitan Planning Organization Meeting
August 17, 2022 1:00 pm
Groton Sewer Commission Meeting
August 17, 2022 2:00 pm
Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting
August 17, 2022 6:30 pm
Open Committee VacanciesBelow are the Town boards and committees that have open vacancies. If you are interested in volunteering please fill out a committee interest form here.
- Affordable Housing Trust - 1 open vacancy.
- Agricultural Commission - 1 open vacancy.
- Board of Survey - 2 open vacancies.
- Cable Advisory Committee - 1 open vacancy.
- Commemorations and Celebrations Committee - 1 open vacancy.
- Commission on Accessibility - 2 open vacancies.
- Complete Streets Committee - 1 open vacancy.
- Diversity Task Force - 1 open vacancy.
- Great Pond Advisory Committee - 3 open vacancies.
- Groton - Dunstable Regional School Committee Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Advisory Committee - 5 open vacancies.
- Groton Electric Cooperative - 3 open vacancies.
- Historic Districts Commission - 2 open vacancies.
- Historical Commission - 1 open vacancy.
- Housing Partnership - 1 open vacancy.
- Insurance Advisory Committee - 4 open vacancies.
- Invasive Species Committee - 1 open vacancy.
- Local Cultural Council - 5 open vacancies.
- Old Burying Ground Commission - 2 open vacancies.
- Park Commission - 1 open vacancy.
- Personnel Board - 1 open vacancy.
- Scholarship Committee - 2 open vacancies.
- Sustainability Commission - 1 open vacancy.
- Weed Harvester Committee - 2 open vacancies.
- Williams Barn Committee - 1 open vacancy.
- Zoning Board of Appeals - 1 open vacancy.