The Groton Select Board, in conjunction with the Governor of the Commonwealth’s Plan to Re-Open Massachusetts, has taken the following action at their regularly scheduled meeting of Monday, May 18, 2020:
1. Department Heads will return to Town Hall on a full-time basis effective June 1, 2020. Town Hall will re-open to the General Public on Monday, June 29, 2020. During the month of June, residents and other members of the Public may schedule appointments with the various Departments to conduct business. Please see the protocols for the re-opening of Town Hall on the Town’s Website at grotonma.gov.
2. There will be no summer camp at the Groton Country Club in 2020. In the abundance of caution and the difficulty in implementing social distancing, the Select Board voted to close the summer camp.
3. The Groton Select Board has adopted protocols for the Opening of the Groton Farmers Market at Williams Barn. The Farmers Market will be open on Fridays from July 10, 2020 through October, 2020. These protocols can be found on the Town’s Website at grotonma.gov.
As a reminder, the 2020 Spring Town Meeting has been postponed by the Town Moderator. It will now be held on Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. The Meeting will be held out doors at the track and field behind the Florence Roche Elementary School, 342 Main Street, Groton, MA. Please look for updates on Town Meeting on the Town’s Website.
Also, as a reminder, the Annual Town Election will be held on June 9, 2020. The Select Board and Town Clerk are strongly encouraging all voters to vote in this election by absentee ballot in the interest of safety. An absentee ballot application can be found here:
A completed application may be mailed to Town Clerk, 173 Main Street, Groton, MA 01450, faxed to 978-448-2030 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, in an abundance of caution to protect the Town’s Election Workers and residents participating in the Election, the Select Board has set the polling hours on June 9th from 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. A sample ballot can be viewed HERE. Please note that the return postage for an absentee ballot is $.65.
The Town of Groton is taking unprecedented steps in order to reduce the rate of spread by working proactively to reduce transmission and promote public health recommendations. We urge all citizens to exercise appropriate measures in order to reduce the risk of infection. Additional information regarding risk and containment can be found on the CDC website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/.
Thank you for your immediate attention and cooperation with this. We will continue to update the community as information becomes available. Please keep checking the Town of Groton website and social media outlets for updates as they become available.
Mark W. Haddad
New date: Saturday, June 13, 2020
New time: 10 a.m.
New location: The track and field behind the Florence Roche Elementary School, 342 Main Street.
For more information, please view the Moderator's Declaration.
The Groton Public Library has created a Community Resources page. This page includes links and phone numbers to resources for residents to help during this time of need.
To view these resources, please visit the page here.
Proposed Operating Budget FY 2021
Proposed Capital Plan FY 2021-2025
Please follow the links below to the Affordable Housing Trust’s recent press release and other documents related to its Mount Laurel Development investment. Thank you.
Upcoming Public Meetings
Town Clerk Meeting
June 1, 2020 11:00 am
Council On Aging Meeting
June 1, 2020 1:00 pm
Board of Health Meeting
June 1, 2020 6:00 pm
Select Board Meeting
June 1, 2020 7:00 pm
Park Commission Meeting
June 1, 2020 7:00 pm
Sargisson Beach Committee Meeting
June 1, 2020 7:15 pm
Park Commission Meeting
June 2, 2020 7:00 pm
Groton Sewer Commission Meeting
June 3, 2020 2:00 pm
Open Committee VacanciesBelow are the Town boards and committees that have open vacancies. If you are interested in volunteering please fill out a committee interest form here.
- Board of Survey - 2 open vacancies.
- Complete Streets Committee - 2 open vacancies.
- Conservation Commission - 1 open vacancy.
- Great Pond Advisory Committee - 2 open vacancies.
- Historical Commission - 1 open vacancy.
- Housing Partnership - 2 open vacancies.
- Insurance Advisory Committee - 1 open vacancy.
- Invasive Species Committee - 4 open vacancies.
- Local Cultural Council - 2 open vacancies.
- Nashoba Valley Technical High School Committee - 1 open vacancy.
- Old Burying Ground Commission - 1 open vacancy.
- Personnel Board - 1 open vacancy.
- Sargisson Beach Committee - 1 open vacancy.
- Scholarship Committee - 1 open vacancy.
- Select Board Strategic Plan Sub-Committee - 2 open vacancies.
- Sustainability Commission - 5 open vacancies.
- Town Center Overlay District Design Review Committee - 1 open vacancy.
- Trails Committee - 1 open vacancy.
- Weed Harvester Committee - 2 open vacancies.
- Williams Barn Committee - 2 open vacancies.
- Zoning Board of Appeals - 1 open vacancy.