Based on a motion taken by the Select Board at an emergency meeting held on Friday, March 13, 2020 the Select Board has taken the following action relative to the COVID-19 pandemic effective immediately:
1. An emergency declaration was declared in the Town of Groton by the Select Board until further notice.
2. There shall be no public access to any town building effective immediately until further notice. The Transfer Station will remain open at this time.
3. All public meetings are cancelled effective immediately through March 30, 2020. Only the Select Board and the Board of Health will be allowed to meet in emergency session, if required.
4. The 2020 Spring Town Meeting has been postponed until Monday, May 18, 2020.
5. The Town Election will be postponed until Tuesday, June 9, 2020.
The Town of Groton is taking unprecedented steps in order to reduce the rate of spread by working proactively to reduce transmission and promote public health recommendations. We urge all citizens to exercise appropriate measures in order to reduce the risk of infection. Additional information regarding risk and containment can be found on the CDC website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/.
Thank you for your immediate attention and cooperation with this. We will continue to update the community as information becomes available. Please keep checking the Town of Groton website and social media outlets for updates as they become available.
Mark W. Haddad
Proposed Operating Budget FY 2021
Proposed Capital Plan FY 2021-2025
AVAILABLE APRIL 9TH – APRIL 23RD The Town of Groton is seeking community input as a part of our hazard mitigation and climate change adaptation
The Select Board will be holding a remote meeting where all participants are connected via webcam and voice chat on Monday 4/6/2020 at 7:00PM. To
As of today, March 31st, 2020, the Groton Transfer Station will not be selling trash bags until further notice. Bags may be purchased in Groton
The Select Board will be holding a remote meeting where all participants are connected via webcam and voice chat on Monday 3/30/2020 at 7:00PM. This
The Groton Board of Health was notified by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) that a resident tested positive for COVID-19. The Board of
4th quarter Real Estate and Personal Property tax bills have been mailed, which is a few days earlier than normal. This was done solely to
Upcoming Public Meetings
Groton Electric Light Commission Meeting
April 6, 2020 4:00 pm
Board of Health Meeting
April 6, 2020 6:00 pm
Select Board Meeting
April 6, 2020 7:00 pm
Commissioners of Trust Funds Meeting
April 7, 2020 12:00 pm
Montachusett Joint Transportation Committee Meeting
April 8, 2020 2:30 pm
Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting
April 8, 2020 7:00 pm
Planning Board Meeting
April 9, 2020 7:00 pm
Finance Committee Meeting
April 13, 2020 7:00 pm
Recycling Committee Meeting
April 16, 2020 7:00 pm
Finance Committee Meeting
April 21, 2020 7:00 pm
Open Committee VacanciesBelow are the Town boards and committees that have open vacancies. If you are interested in volunteering please fill out a committee interest form here.
- Board of Survey - 2 open vacancies.
- Complete Streets Committee - 2 open vacancies.
- Great Pond Advisory Committee - 2 open vacancies.
- Historical Commission - 1 open vacancy.
- Housing Partnership - 2 open vacancies.
- Insurance Advisory Committee - 1 open vacancy.
- Invasive Species Committee - 4 open vacancies.
- Local Cultural Council - 2 open vacancies.
- Old Burying Ground Commission - 1 open vacancy.
- Personnel Board - 1 open vacancy.
- Sargisson Beach Committee - 1 open vacancy.
- Scholarship Committee - 1 open vacancy.
- Select Board Strategic Plan Sub-Committee - 2 open vacancies.
- Sustainability Commission - 5 open vacancies.
- Town Center Overlay District Design Review Committee - 1 open vacancy.
- Weed Harvester Committee - 2 open vacancies.
- Williams Barn Committee - 2 open vacancies.
- Zoning Board of Appeals - 1 open vacancy.
Town & Community Events
Prescott presents – Groton Homes of the Colonial and Federal Era
April 5, 2020 2:00 pm
Prescott School Community Center Presents-Social Security:Your Questions Answered
April 7, 2020 6:00 pm
Prescott School Community Center Presents-Healthcare and Your Retirement
April 14, 2020 6:00 pm
Prescott School Presents Groton Architecture Series-Victorian Era
April 19, 2020 2:00 pm
Prescott School Presents – Town Meeting in the Age of Smart Phones, Video Conferences & Pandemics
April 26, 2020 2:00 pm
Prescott School Community Center Presents-Standing Guard:Protect What You’ve Worked For
April 28, 2020 6:00 pm
Prescott School Presents Groton Architecture Series-Historical Revival Era
May 17, 2020 2:00 pm
To submit a new community event Click Here.