All Abatement Applications can be emailed to: Assessors@grotonma.gov. Make sure to included a completed application along with all required requested documents. If you have any questions please contact the Assessor’s office at 978-448-1127
Assessor's Office Hours:
Monday: 8:00AM to 7:00PM
Tuesday-Thursday: 8:00AM to 4:00PM
Friday: 8:00AM to 1:00PM.
The Assessors are responsible to the Massachusetts Department of Revenue for the administration of the real estate law. They:
- determine the valuation of all real and personal property within the Town
- annually set the tax rate
- grant abatements and exemptions on property taxes to qualified applicants pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws
- assess betterments for public improvements voted by Town Meeting
- maintain complete maps, plans, valuation books, and other records on all property in the Town
The Assessors Office is staffed by a salaried Principal Assessor and hourly office staff; the Assessors contract with an outside firm for some revaluation services.
This page is dedicated to the Assessor’s Department, to view the Board of Assessor’s page please click HERE.
Hours: M 8:00am – 7:00pm; T-TH 8:00am – 4:00pm; F 8:00am – 1:00pm
Donald R. Black
Garrett C. Boles