PROCEDURE FOR ONE-DAY LIQUOR LICENSE
- Applicant must submit a request in writing to the Select Board (173 Main St. Groton, MA 01450) that would include the following:
- Date and Place, including, address and name of event.
- Hours alcoholic beverages will be served.
- Whether alcoholic beverages will be limited to Beer and Wine or All Kinds of Alcohol.
- Who the license is to be made out to – it must be an individual, not an organization, and home address of the individual however you can include “on behalf of” and the name of the organization.
- The applicant must supply Liquor Liability coverage through their insurance agency, listing the Town as “Additionally Insured” and upon receipt of applicant’s request, the Select Board’s Office will provide applicant with the letter to be forwarded to the Liquor Liability Commissioner through your Insurance Agent.*
- The Select Board’s Agenda deadline is the Thursday prior at 12:00 noon in order to be placed on the following Monday’s agenda. All documentation must be received prior to an appointment date and time being assigned. A fee of $50 for All Kinds of Alcoholic Beverages license or $40 for Wines and Malt License should accompany the request, made out to the Town of Groton.
- Non-profit organizations have a choice of either applying for an All Kinds of Alcoholic Beverages license or Wines and Malt license. For profit organizations are limited to Wines and Malt license.*The Select Board’s Office has no control over the amount of time it takes the Liquor Liability Commissioner’s approval and notification given to your Insurance Company.