THIS COMMITTEE IS INACTIVE:Please be aware this page is for historical purposes only. This committee is marked inactive in our system and is no longer meeting or assigned.
Wetlands Bylaw Review Committee
Originally adopted at the 1980 Annual Town Meeting and amended in 2001 and 2003, the local by-law has generally served the town well. However, as with many of our local by-laws, periodic review is appropriate to insure the original intent remains relevant to Groton’s future and balances fairness with protection of the Town’s natural resources. The charge of the committee would be to review the by-law and its implementation history and report back to the Select Board with recommendations for changes, if any, that would then be brought forward at a future Town Meeting.
Committee Members: The Committee shall consist of seven (7) members made up as follows:
- One member shall be a member of the Conservation Commission
- One member shall be an at-large representative of the Town
- One member shall be a representative of another Groton Governmental Body
- One member shall be a member of the Select Board
- One member shall be a local land engineer
- One member shall be a local builder
- One member shall be an environmental scientist
Term In Years: 1
Wetlands Bylaw Review Committee Documents
- Access additional meeting minutes and agendas at the Meeting Center