The Groton Board of Health was notified by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) that a resident tested positive for COVID-19. The Board of Health is handling this case in accordance with the protocols established by MDPH.
The Board of Health continues to monitor the spread of COVID-19 within the community and will take appropriate actions as directed by the MDPH to mitigate the spread of the virus.
“Flattening the curve” is a group activity. We must all do our part to protect ourselves and others by:
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes with your hands
- Cover your coughs or sneezes with a tissue or your sleeve (not with your hands)
- Clean and disinfect surface areas frequently
- Remain out of congregate settings, avoid mass gatherings, and maintain Social Distancing of at least 6 ft from others
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home from work or school if you are sick.
If you have questions regarding the information in this notice please contact Jim Garreffi at 978 772 3335 X305.
For the latest updates and information on COVID-19 please visit the MDPH or CDC websites at: