An updated Press Release was sent out on 3/23/2020 – View It Here
IMPORTANT: Town of Groton COVID-19 Pandemic Press Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 13, 2020
Based on a motion taken by the Select Board at an emergency meeting held on Friday, March 13, 2020 the Select Board has taken the following action relative to the COVID-19 pandemic effective immediately:
- An emergency declaration was declared in the Town of Groton by the Select Board until further notice.
- There shall be no public access to any town building effective immediately until further notice. The Transfer Station will remain open at this time.
- All public meetings are cancelled effective immediately through March 30, 2020. Only the Select Board and the Board of Health will be allowed to meet in emergency session, if required.
- The 2020 Spring Town Meeting has been postponed until Monday, May 18, 2020.
- The Town Election will be postponed until Tuesday, June 9, 2020.
The Town of Groton is taking unprecedented steps in order to reduce the rate of spread by working proactively to reduce transmission and promote public health recommendations. We urge all citizens to exercise appropriate measures in order to reduce the risk of infection. Additional information regarding risk and containment can be found on the CDC website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html.
Thank you for your immediate attention and cooperation with this. We will continue to update the community as information becomes available. Please keep checking the Town of Groton website and social media outlets for updates as they become available.
Mark W. Haddad