THIS COMMITTEE IS INACTIVE:Please be aware this page is for historical purposes only. This committee is marked inactive in our system and is no longer meeting or assigned.
Lost Lake Sewer Advisory Committee
The Lost Lake Sewer Committee shall be appointed by the Select Board pursuant to Article 18 of the 2008 Annual Town Meeting. As authorized by that vote, the Committee shall continue to research the practicality and need of establishing a Lost Lake Sewer District and constructing any related wastewater treatment infrastructure. In addition, the Committee shall:
- Work with Engineering Design Firm to confirm original cost estimates and the layout of the proposed District.
- Work closely with the Health Board to address issues relating to existing septic systems & wells in the Lost Lake area (i.e. failing systems and contaminated wells) that may be impacted by a sewer system
- Work with Water Commission to understand the practicality and cost of bringing water to all homes.
- Provide rationale, with documentation, as to how Sewer District was established.
- Prepare an analysis of the availability (if any), cost and effectiveness of private septic systems that treat for nitrates, as well as the possibility for small shared septic systems.
- Confirm that the data used to qualify the project for SRF Funding is still viable and determine if any additional testing is required to meet State requirements and local concerns.
- Build local consensus for the project by holding public meetings to address concerns raised with the project and offer solutions to address these concerns.
- Work with the Town Manager and Financial Officers of the Town to develop a funding strategy to support such a project.
- Develop an implementation schedule and whether or not phasing this project is a viable option.
- Recommend to the Select Board on whether or not to bring this project back to the 2013 Spring Town Meeting for funding approval.
The Committee shall endeavor to complete its work in a reasonable amount of time, but should have its recommendation to the Select Board no later than April 1, 2013.
The Select Board will determine the future of the Committee and what its charge shall be, if any after receiving its recommendation.
Committee Members: The Committee shall consist of five (5) members. One (1) member shall be a member of the Board of Health; one (1) member shall be a member of the Finance Committee; and one (1) member shall be a member of the Select Board. The Town Manager shall serve as an advisor to this Committee.
Term In Years: 1
Lost Lake Sewer Advisory Committee Documents
- Access additional meeting minutes and agendas at the Meeting Center