THIS COMMITTEE IS INACTIVE:Please be aware this page is for historical purposes only. This committee is marked inactive in our system and is no longer meeting or assigned.
Prescott School Redevelopment Committee
AboutThe Prescott School Redevelopment Committee was established by the Select Board on Monday, February 8, 2010. The purpose of this committee is to study the need and feasibility of potential reuses of the Prescott School, and recommend findings to the Select Board. The Committee serves in an advisory capacity to the Select Board, as well as other Town regulatory boards, committees or commissions, as well as the public. The Committee is expected to report its progress to the Select Board on a quarterly basis until the final report is submitted.
- The Committee, at a minimum, shall study the following uses and draft a final report recommending the re-use of the School:
- Community Center and/or Community Educational Facility
- Affordable Housing
- Artist and/or Cultural Space
- Commercial/Office Space
- Reestablish as a School or Charter School
- Fire Station
- Prioritize, from best and most desirable choice for the town to poorest and least desirable choice for the town, all re-use recommendations. Document and provide in the final report the pros and cons for each re-use recommendation.
- Provide a reasonably accurate cost estimate, using any available tools, to implement each recommended re-use of the property. Document in detail and provide a list of all assumptions made in arriving at the estimate. An estimate of income potential for the property should be considered as well for any re-use where income from the proposed use is possible.
- Provide a reasonably accurate time line from start of permitting process to issuance of the occupancy permit. In arriving at this estimated time line, document, in detail, and provide a list of all assumptions made in arriving at the estimate.
- Provide a viable recommendation as to where any potential funding sources exists, or how the funds will be raised, or a combination of both, to implement each recommended re-use of the property. In arriving at these estimates, document, in detail, and provide a list of all assumptions made in arriving at the recommending funding sources. " Provide a reasonably accurate estimate of the date, if any, by which the Town needs any recommended re-use of the property ready to go in-service. In arriving at this estimated in-service date, document, in detail, and provide a list of all assumptions made in arriving at this estimate.
- Identify by worker type the number of weekly hours required by any human resource needed to operate and maintained any recommended re-use of the property. For each recommend re-use, do not assume any existing Town or School District employee will be available to accomplish any of the required work. In arriving at this estimate, document, in detail, and provide a list of all assumptions made in arriving at the weekly labor estimate.
- Provide a reasonably accurate estimate of the annual operating and maintenance, less labor, costs for each recommended re-use of the property. In arriving at this estimate, document, in detail, and provide a list of all assumptions made in arriving at the estimate.
- Three (3) Town Residents -- One of which shall have a building/developer background.
- One (1) Local Business Owner.
- One (1) Representative of the Select Board.
- One (1) Representative of the Planning Board.
- One (1) Representative of the Groton-Dunstable Regional School Committee.
Term In Years: 1
Prescott School Redevelopment Committee Documents