THIS COMMITTEE IS INACTIVE:Please be aware this page is for historical purposes only. This committee is marked inactive in our system and is no longer meeting or assigned.
Lost Lake Watershed Advisory Committee
*Formerly known as the Lost Lake Sewer Advisory Committee, operating as the LLWAC since 08/2014*
The Lost Lake Watershed Advisory Committee shall be appointed by the Select Board. The main charge of the Committee will be to quantitatively determine whether there is a water quality problem in the Lost Lake Watershed. If problems are determined then provide proposed solutions. In addition, the Committee shall:
- Review all previous studies conducted on Lost Lake as they relate to the Watershed.
- Consider the institution of land-use management controls within the Watershed.
- Consider the testing of Private Wells and septic systems within the Watershed Area to determine their impact on the watershed.
- Work with various engineering firms to determine issues impacting the Watershed.
- Work closely with the Health Board to address issues relating to existing septic systems & wells in the Lost Lake area (i.e. failing systems and contaminated wells).
- Work with Water Commission to understand the practicality and cost of bringing water to all homes.
- Prepare an analysis of the availability (if any), cost and effectiveness of private septic systems that treat for nitrates, as well as the possibility for small shared septic systems.
- Work with the Town Manager and Financial Officers of the Town to develop a funding strategy to support any proposed project to address issues within the Watershed, up to and including the installation of a Sewer System.
- Make recommendations to the Select Board with respect to addressing issues within the Watershed.
The Committee shall endeavor to complete its work in a reasonable amount of time, but should have its recommendation to the Select Board no later than April 1st, 2015.
The Select Board will determine the future of the Committee and what its charge shall be, if any after receiving its recommendation.
Committee Members: The Committee shall consist of seven (7) members. One (1) member shall be a member of the Board of Health; one (1) member shall be a member of the Select Board; and the remaining five (5) appointees shall be members at-large. The Town Manager shall serve as an advisor to this Committee.
Term In Years: 1
Lost Lake Watershed Advisory Committee Documents
- Access additional meeting minutes and agendas at the Meeting Center