THIS COMMITTEE IS INACTIVE:Please be aware this page is for historical purposes only. This committee is marked inactive in our system and is no longer meeting or assigned.
Tennessee Gas Pipeline Working Group Committee
The Tennessee Gas Pipeline Working Group Committee shall be appointed by the Select Board, pursuant to Section 3-2 of the Town of Groton Charter. In an effort to advise the Select Board and residents of the Town on all issues related to the proposed Tennessee Gas Pipeline, this Working Group shall work diligently to:
- Understand all options relative to the installation of a High-Pressure Pipeline carrying natural gas through the Town of Groton.
- Identify critical milestones concerning the permitting of such a Pipeline.
- Formulate a strategy to recommend to the Select Board on addressing issues related to this proposed Pipeline and then help execute said strategy.
- Assist the Select Board in educating the public on all issues related to the installation of a High-Pressure Pipeline carrying natural gas through the Town of Groton. The Working Group shall regularly report to all media outlets in the Town of Groton and surrounding communities and hold public meetings at critical milestones in the project
- Work with our State and Federal Representatives as well as regional interests groups, such the regional group being formed by the Town of Pepperell to protect the interests of the Town of Groton.
Kevin Kelly, GELD Manager - Chair
Peter Morrison, Cons. Comm. - Vice Chair
John Llodra, Citzen at Large - Secretary
Peter Cunningham, Selectman
John Petropoulos, Selectman
Dennis Eklof, Citizen at Large
Mark Haddad, Town Manager
Takashi Tada (Cons. Comm Alternate)
Groton Fire Department Chief
Term In Years: 1
Tennessee Gas Pipeline Working Group Committee Documents
- Access additional meeting minutes and agendas at the Meeting Center