THIS COMMITTEE IS INACTIVE:Please be aware this page is for historical purposes only. This committee is marked inactive in our system and is no longer meeting or assigned.
Green Communities Act Research Committee
Purpose: (As of July 1, 2013)
The purpose of the Committee is to develop a plan of action and impact analysis regarding the proposed adoption of the Green Communities Act, MGL Chapter 25A, §10, for presentation at the 2013 Fall Town Meeting. The Committee shall:
1. Prepare a cost-benefit analysis of adoption of the Green Communities Act.
2. Investigate adoption of the Board of Building Regulations and Standards (BBRS) Stretch Code including present and future requirements.
3. Conduct an active public education process with Town officials, residents, and building contractors.
4. Prepare necessary warrant articles and presentation for the 2013 Fall Town Meeting
5. Prepare the draft application for Green Communities Designation for submission to the Department of Energy Resources Green Communities Division, if approved by the Select Board and Town Meeting.
Sources or Representation of Members:
One representative from the Conservation Commission, the Electric Light Department, the Groton Dunstable Regional School District, Land Use Departments, Sustainability Commission, the Water/Sewer Department, and a local builder.
Term In Years: 1