THIS COMMITTEE IS INACTIVE:Please be aware this page is for historical purposes only. This committee is marked inactive in our system and is no longer meeting or assigned.
Surrenden Farm Land Use Committee
This committee was created May 15, 2006.
Purpose: To accomplish all the tasks in order to transfer title of Lot 8N to the Town by December 17, 2006 and to participate in the formulation of land use planning for the other remaining parcels of the Surrenden Farm project as approved at the Special Town Meeting on April 24, 2006.
1. Develop a land management plan for Lot 8 North and work with Conservation Trust on land management plan for Lots 6 and 7.
2. Work with Trust for Public Lands (TPL) and the Planning Board on the creation of five ANR lots: Lots for each of the 4 houses, and one lot for the barn building parcel.
3. Provide input and assistance to TPL on the sale of the 5 ANR lots to obtain the maximum return.
4. Draft a Town held conservation restriction for lots 6 and 7. Review and make a recommendation on the Conservation Trusts’ restriction over Lot 8 North.
5. Work with TPL and the Conservation Trust to obtain State, Federal or other public funding for the purchase and preservation of Lot 8 South.
5. Develop an agreement between the Town, TPL and the Conservation Trust if the fund raising and sale of properties exceed or don’t exceed expectations .
6. Develop a plan to present to a future town meeting regarding the 14 acres reserved for CPA purposes
7. Obtain an easement from Groton School to allow a trail across their property to connect Lot 8 North with Conservation Trust and/or New England Forestry property on the other side of Groton School property.
Description of Reports Required: Purchase and Sale Agreement, Land Management Agreement, Conservation Restrictions.
Sources or Representation of Members: Selectmen, Parks Commission, Housing Authority, Conservation Commission, Planning Board, Board of Health, Finance Committee, Community Preservation Committee, Trust for Public Lands.
Phone: (978) 448-1111
Fax: (978) 448-1115
Term In Years: 1