GROTON WATER DEPARTMENT
SEASONAL WATER MAIN FLUSHING
The Groton Water Department will begin the Fall flushing of the water distribution system on Tuesday, October 18th and it will run thru Thursday, October 27th , 2022. All water main flushing occurs during the daytime hours typically between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. We anticipate the flushing program will take approximately two weeks to complete. You will experience discolored water from time to time and low pressure during the flushing effort and we apologize for this inconvenience.
In the event that you experience a prolonged period of discolored waters, we recommend that you stop using water for ten to fifteen minutes, then run all of your cold water taps for 5 to 10 minutes or until it clears up. Do not use hot water as this may pull dirty water into your hot water tank.
This is the time to thoroughly flush your hot water tank. Once you have flushed the cold water.
The water distribution system flushing program is subject to change without notice and the dates listed below are approximate only!
Please be sure to call our offices between the hours of 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. for the most up to date location of the Flushing Program or check our web site at www.grotonwater.org
- Area 1 – October 18th: Orchard Lane, Chestnut Hill Road, Schoolhouse Road, Hemlock Park Drive to the Baddacook Well.
- Area 2 & 3 – October 19th and 20tb: Martins Pond Road, Hollis Street, Champney Street, Middle School Complex and Main Street. Lowell Road, Station Ave, Court St. and Lost Lake Drive (to Whitney Well).
- Area 5 – October 24th: Old Ayer Road, Boston Road, Lovers Lane, Elm Street, Pleasant Street, Lawrence Academy Campus. Farmers ROW to Higley Street.
- Area 6 – October 25th: Hillside Ave, Whiting Ave, West Street, Mill Street, Partridge Berry Woods Subdivision, Nod Road Gratuity Road and North Main Street.
- Area 7 – October 26th and 27th: Duck Pond Drive, Hidden Valley, New Pond to the Four Corners, Painted Post and Cow Pond Brook Road.
If you have any questions regarding the flushing program, specific daily locations or if you are experiencing prolonged periods of dirty and/or discolored water, please contact the Water Department Office during our business hours at 1-978-448-1122.