Beginning Friday March 20 the Town of Groton Transfer Station will, until further notice, only receive town orange trash bags & recycling. The following fee items will temporarily not be accepted due to the labor contact-intensive nature:
- Construction and Demolition Debris
- Wood Waste
- Bulky Items (that go into the dumpster for a fee)
- Other fee items including Bulk Metal, White Goods (refrigerators washer dryers, etc.) and Electronic items.
These are all items which require interaction at the station which we believe can wait or be disposed of elsewhere, for the time being, or be put aside until we resume normal operations. This will limit the exposure and risk to employees substantially and enable us to continue, for now, to collect trash and recyclables which is more of a priority. Bag sales are the only sale item which will be available at the transfer station. Please call the Transfer Station at 978-732-1900 with questions.
Help Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) at the Transfer Station. PLEASE:
- Prepare your discards for quick placement of your trash, recycling,
and yard waste
- Reduce the number of your trips and buy more trash bags/stickers at
- Keep a safe distance (6 feet) from other users and attendants
- Don’t linger on the premises to visit
- As always, wash your hands after leaving transfer station